Do you

  Live in New York?
  Have Medicaid?
√  Need help in daily activities?

Hire a family member or friend to care for you — and they’ll get paid

What is the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP)?

The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP is a statewide Medicaid Program that provides an alternative way of receiving home care services, where the consumer has more control over who provides their care and how it is provided.

Who is eligible to join CDPAP?

Consumers must live in New York State, be eligible for New York State Medicaid, and be currently receiving or approved to receive long-term home care service by the Department of Social Services. Consumers must be able and willing to make informed choices regarding the management of the services they receive. If the consumer is unable to self-direct, they may have a legal guardian or designated relative or other adult who can act in this capacity willing to help make informed choices.

What if I don’t have Medicaid?

We provide free assistance with Medicaid application. Give us a call and a Medicaid specialist will guide you through every step of the process.

Who can provide care under CDPAP? Can my family members serve as the personal assistant?

The consumer can hire almost anyone, including any family members or friends except his or spouse.

Do personal assistants need a special license or certification to provide care under CDPAP?

Your personal assistants do not need a special license or certification to provide care under the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program.

How do I enroll in CDPAP?

Contact a York Healthcare at 718-460-4200, and one of our intake specialists will help you with the application process. Once you are approved, you can begin to interview potential Personal Assistants.

How would my Personal Assistants be compensated?

We will reimburse your personal assistants for the care provided. We are enrolled as a New York State Medicaid provider and work with managed care providers for the provision of CDPAP services. We process weekly payroll and offer a competitive salary for your personal assistants.

What kind of services are personal assistants able to administer under CDPAP?

Under CDPAP, personal assistants are able to perform home health aide tasks such as dressing, toileting, walking, bathing and feeding. A special benefit of CDPAP is that personal assistants can perform skilled nursing tasks such as administering oxygen, insulin injections, and suctioning tracheostomies.

Can parents of disabled children serve as the CDPAP assistants?

Adult disabled children who are over the age of 21 may have a parent receive reimbursement and work as their personal assistant providing that the parent is not the adult child’s designated representative. Children who are under the age of 21 cannot have a parent serve as their personal assistant.


– NYC 5 Boroughs
– Long Island
– Erie County
– Westchester County


– Center 
– Long Island
– Erie County
– Westchester County– Centers Plan for Healthy Living
– Elderplan, Inc. (HomeFirst)
– Elderwood Healthplan
– Fidelis Care
– Integra
– Senior Whole Health
– RiverSpring Health (Elderserve)
– VNS NY Choice
– VillageCare MAX

You may be eligible!

Fill out this form to find out.

We'll check to see if you're eligible to apply — then Medicaid and your health plan will determine your final eligibility.

*Marked fields are required fields.

How to begin the application process

You’re ready to sign up. So where do you start?

Give us a call at 718-460-4200 and an enrollment specialist will walk you through the process.


There are some forms that you will need to fill out to be eligible for the CDPAP program. We have provided the forms here to download if you want to get a head start on signing up.

For Consumer

DOH Form
Your Doctor must confirm that you, the consumer, are authorized to receive services.
This form is 100% Mandatory – Your doctor MUST fill out this form.

M11Q Form
Medical Request for Home Care

PCP Transfer Form
Consumer needs this form filled out by their Doctor to transfer from their current plan to any other type of health care plan.

If you need any help with the forms please reach out. Our intake team is ready and willing to walk you through the process

86-26 Queens Boulevard, 2nd Floor Elmhurst, NY 11373  |  Monday to Friday: 8AM - 5PM  |   Feel free to talk to us!  718-460-4200                     |   

Thank you for your information, we will reach out to you shortly.